ALL NEW FOR 2023
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology & Nutrition now available.
Order your copies via email@example.com. See more details below.
Please note that these are a teacher only resource and will not be sold to students or tutors.
2023 Stage 2 Trial Exams
The SASTA SACE Stage 2 Trial Exams are a 'must have' resource, developed by leading teachers to support SACE Stage 2 Teachers. This vital resource will familiarise teachers and students with the SACE Stage 2 exam format. Teachers will be able to use the resource for students, a stand alone assessment tool or to develop exam preparation skills.
The Biology, Chemistry and Physics exams include:
- A range of questions that cover nearly every statement on the subject outline.
- A blending of questions that incorporate concepts from different sections of the course to demonstrate connections between different areas of the course.
- Questions that allow students to demonstrate near and far transfer of knowledge.
- Science as a human endeavour (SHE) questions that allow students to develop their knowledge and understanding and explore the connections between science and society.
- Science inquiry skills questions that allow students to interpret data and make logical and relevant conclusions.
- Contextual questions that allow students to make connections and apply their knowledge to new and both familiar and unfamiliar contexts.
- Questions that utilise local and global contexts.
- Fully editable documents designed for use as formative or summative tasks.
- Full-colour diagrams and illustrations where relevant.
- Fully worked solutions for each question including a lengthy response to the SHE questions.
Have you seen the NEW 2023 SASTA Stage 2 Topic Tests? You can bundle your trial exam and topic tests for a discounted price - more info available here.
Since 2018, e-exams have been progressively introduced across a number of Stage 2 subjects. In 2023, Biology, Nutrition and Psychology subjects will have e-exams.
In response to this, SASTA has produced a fillable PDF version of the Stage 2 Trial Exams for these subjects to allow teachers to administer these exams in a similar format to how the students will sit their final e-exams.
The fillable PDFs allow students to complete the exam electronically. The fields expand as the students type and they are able to save the file using their SACE number or name. These files can then be opened for marking by the teacher. (Please note: These e-exams are not designed to be printed. They are for completing and marking in electronic format)
Cost: $132.00 (including GST) per exam
NB: Exams from previous years are also available. Please email us for more information.
Purchase and distribution of exams
In an effort to reduce student access to these exam papers, they will only be able to be ordered by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) a purchase order to SASTA. If your school does not use purchase orders, a simple email detailing your Trial Exam requirements will suffice.
Once your order has been received by the office, an invoice will be generated and emailed to the school for prompt payment. Please be aware that exams will not be distributed until the invoice has been paid in full. Once paid, distribution will occur as outlined below.
Distribution: these items will be delivered via WeTransfer^ as Word documents for each available subject (exam paper and solutions)*. Once payment has been received, the files will be emailed to the name of the person who is listed on the purchase order.
^ Please note the link to the exams will expire in 7 days, so please ensure you download the files before this date.
* Biology, Nutrition & Psychology orders will also receive a fillable PDF copy of the exam.
Please note that SASTA will not provide paper copies.